Løgum Abbey (Cistercian) was founded about 1170. The church was completed by 1325.
In 1845 Jürgen Marcussen and Andreas Reuter built an organ with 15 stops, which no longer exists. In 1926 Marcussen built a new instrument, with pneumatic action. Parts of the pipework and the organ facade was preserved in the Marcussen organ from 1969.
Rebuild and extension in 2015: new Swell organ with 16 stops of which 2 are transmitted to the pedal. Two pedal stops are added: Untersatz 32’ and Nathorn 2’. A Præstant 16’ replaces a Gedaktpommer 16’ in the Great organ, Hulfløjte 8’ replaces Rørfløjte 8’ (the latter is relocated to the Swell) and a Terz 1 3/5’ is added. Krumhorn 16’ is added in the Brustwerk. New 3-manual console with Barker for the Great 16’ coupler. The stop action is both mechanical and electrical and is equipped with a combination system. The organ cases are new. The design of new furniture in the church as well as the organ façade is part of a complete interior and restoration project developed by architect Jørgen Overby. The organ cases are made of solid oak, with console and façade details of ebony. Most of the pipework from the Marcussen organ (1969, 27 st.) is reused.